PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
Concerning some photos on this forum and a recent auction on ebay, Does anyone know anything about the Missouri Meerschaum Radio pipes and maybe the time period they were produced, also it would be interesting to know why the pipes were named radio pipes, these are really nice looking pipes and it would be great if MM started producing them again, I dont believe they would have any trouble selling them, I know that I would buy them if they were available. :puffy:

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I'd buy them too. To me, the pipes they make now look to cheap. They are still good smoking pipes but, think they could put a little more effort into it. And, I would'nt mind paying a little more.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
I agree mp31guitar, They smoke great and for the price they can't be beat, but it would be nice if they could make some of the pipes with that look and finish. :puffy:

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Well, I assume its the pipe to smoke while listening to the Radio. That was the thing back in the day.

Off the top of my head, 1910 to maybe 1940.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I searched the forum, and couldn't find anything other than this post about those radio pipes. I must have missed the post linked to ebay. I've never heard of the radio pipe, and would love to have seen pics.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Well, you got me curious. I dug out my old catalogs and this is what I found; My oldest Pricelist (not an actual catalog) is from 1923 and Radio pipes are not listed for '23. My 1929 catalog does list Radio pipes ($17 per Gross). The latest catalog I have with Radio pipes listed is 1959, but I dont have any catalogs between 1959-1974.

So I was off by a few years

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
I searched the forum, and couldn't find anything other than this post about those radio pipes. I must have missed the post linked to ebay. I've never heard of the radio pipe, and would love to have seen pics
Go to Pipe Talk and go to page 17 and look for topic that says News from Missouri Meerschaum, Lonestar has some very nice pictures of the radio pipes. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.