PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
So I love Mississippi River by the Seattle Club, generally though I am a VA, VaPer kind of guy. I love Orlik and PS Bullseye flake, Escudo ect..
What I would like to know is from any of you out there that enjoy Mississippi River, what other blends I should try? Ive never been a English blend lover, latakia scares me haha, but this blend does it subtly enough that I enjoy it.
Please let me know of any ideas.
Thanks
John

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I really like McClelland's 'Deep Hollow' for a lighter smoke. It's called both aromatic and non aromatic for some reason. :crazy:

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
^^ I have been debating the Frog Mortons, I just dont know which one to go with yet. I love how Mississippi River is sweet as well.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Hmm. Thanks for asking this question. I haven't tried any of these alternatives being posted but will add them to my to do list!
I love Miss River as well.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Sounds like Im going to have to add a few to my list, which now contains more Mississippi River anyway because its stuck in my head.

unholy1

Might Stick Around
May 4, 2014
Ditto on the C&D Bayou Morning. You can add C&D First Responders to that list as well. And Sam Gawith St James Flake. I've been smoking these three pretty much exclusively for the past six-months.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
John, if you like SPC's Mississippi River, you should also try their Plum Pudding ... great stuff! :puffy:

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
I have tin open of Mississippi, packing right now right now. I also love Frog Morton on the Bayou. I want a T-shirt of the tin art work as well...

peteross

Might Stick Around
Oct 9, 2012
Salida, CA
You might try Hearth&Home Marquee El Nino. Like Mississippi River it's a blend of Virginia, perique, but instead of Latakia it has a dark fired Kentucky. I'm really liking this stuff.

halfy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2014
Try GLP quiet nights, it has an English start and ends with Va crescendo... Preferably in a pot bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.