PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipedreams86

Might Stick Around
Nov 25, 2016
Quick question if anyone happens to know the answer...saw the above movie last night and the lead actress Eva Green/Miss Peregrine was smoking a pipe periodically throughout the movie...it looked like an awesome pipe, wondering if anyone knows the maker/details etc? Haven't been able to find anything online (apart from many complaints in forums about smoking in modern movies...wouldn't have happened in Bing's day!)

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
That was an awesome movie, here's a pic for help. I'm thinking a dunhill.
tumblr_oc5lhh4I4C1reyogxo1_500.jpg

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Good book/movie. I was admiring it during the movie, and my kids kept asking me what kind of pipe that was and if i had one like it. I kept telling them that Miss P's pipe is way classier than any pipe that I own.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
The heck with the pipe. Where do I get a bird that can light my pipes?!?

drydock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2016
Yes, please. I, too, would like the pipe-lighting Falcon. Didn't know I needed one until I saw that picture.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Is this thread really only a few hours old? I swear I've read it before. Serious déja vue.
More serious: How was the flick? Recommend it for other than the lovely lady and fine pipes?

grue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2016
I found it soulless and dry. I used to love Burton's work but he seems to have devolved his movies into CGI snoozefests... :/

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Is this thread really only a few hours old? I swear I've read it before. Serious déja vue.
You're not going crazy - we had one when the movie initially came out. A hot lady with a pipe is always something to talk about :lol:

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I too would like to know what pipe she's smoking. The shape does have a familiar look to it.

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
Yeah total Deja Vue, I can swear I posted to one just like this months ago......
The matrix must have reset itself...

drydock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2016
This is a guess, but in interviews she said she had 2 pipes, kept one. I've looked through a bunch of interviews with Ana Green to see if she mentions the pipe maker--no luck. But I'd guess the prop-master wouldn't be using 2 vintage pipes? Simply because if one were broken/lost you'd want to replace it for continuity's sake, and finding two similar vintage pipes would be tricky. I'm guessing the pipe(s) would be current production and not terribly difficult to come by?
But on the other hand, I'm kind of surprised the interweb is turning up so little info. Seems like a pipe-maker would ID this as theirs for the niche folk like us who'd want to know. Or a pipe aficionado would already have ID'd it.

Status
Not open for further replies.