PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

p4ttythep3rf3ct

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2015
All the pics combined have me leaning to a tortoiseshell stem, but not amber. Way too dark in all but one pic for amber IMHO. Also, the spacing between the band and the bit has me thinking it's not a very expensive pipe.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
fC7oHy1l.png

ZiQVFEGl.png

hAiGKHjl.png

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Yes, probably not amber; my bad. And the spacing could easily be the props crew didn't assemble the pipe properly! But she did have it going for some scenes. I did not see her use a Peregrine Falcon to assist in lighting....

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
No idea what pipe it is but I have been curious about this movie.

Based on the mostly favourable reviews here in this thread I think I will watch it in the morning when I get home from work. Hmmm...now to decide on which pipe and leaf to enjoy while watching the movie?? :puffy:

allthebass

Might Stick Around
May 7, 2017
Bettendorf, IA
The pipe was in fact made by one of my favorite pipe makers, Ian Walker of Northern Briar. I spoke with Ian and his wife Catriona at the Chicago Pipe Show Friday after noon and got a few details. From what I understand the pipe was not stamped and he could not promote making the pipe before the movie was made. Ian is not actively promoting that he made the pipe but I'm sure he would be happy to discuss it if you are fortunate enough to have a chance to speak with him. I don't believe he has plans to make many of this shape but I think,if pressed, he would do them as custom orders.
Ian had previously made pipes for Burton's Sweeney Todd, though all things smoking related were apparently pulled from the film. After seeing the very awkward scenes of Depp mumble mouthing and attempting to act while smoking a pipe that had been cut from Finding Neverland, maybe it was for the best. LOL!
Having not seen the movie I was doing an image search to find pics of the pipe and stumbled upon this thread. After lurking here occasionally the last few years I figured I would join in and hopefully be able to add to this discussion. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.