PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike S

Lurker
Oct 1, 2019
Perth, Australia
mikescallan.com
Thank you all for the warm welcome, glad to be here. Sitting outside with my Savinelli topped up with Peterson's Connoisseurs Choice. It's 8:10 pm here and to all my fellow pipe smokers, hope you're having a good day/evening. ?

Mike S

Lurker
Oct 1, 2019
Perth, Australia
mikescallan.com
Had I more money I would love to visit Northern Territory heading from State Capitol Darvin towards inland, what a wast territory and weather suits well for me who have no problems with 'hot conditions,at least not yet,,
Ah mate that's on my bucket list! I have so many road trips planned but, as you mentioned, they require time and money. I do the odd trip up along our north coast to Jurien Bay, really beautiful. I also love forests and we have spectacular forests south of Perth, there's the Kerri Forrest and further south around Denmark is also amazing. I hope you get to make your trip, pop in if you're in Perth. ??

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Mike S

Lurker
Oct 1, 2019
Perth, Australia
mikescallan.com
@Mike S, I must, but round trip tickets are kinda pricey, costing more than those to U.S destinations
Ps, Good part of my fur felt hats are from Your country, Australian Akubras, wonderful quality/price ratio
We're far away and expensive to get to, I agree. Hope you are able to one day, and yes, I love the Akubras, 100% style?

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
Perth is one of the most underated cities here. It's beautiful with some of the finest beaches in the world. Nice to meet you!?

Welcome from a fellow Perthian!

For me it was the beaches and the laidback lifestyle that drew me to Perth almost 15 years ago.

Enjoying a bowl of Escudo outside under the patio as I watch the storm build.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Mike S

Mike S

Lurker
Oct 1, 2019
Perth, Australia
mikescallan.com
Welcome from a fellow Perthian!

For me it was the beaches and the laidback lifestyle that drew me to Perth almost 15 years ago.

Enjoying a bowl of Escudo outside under the patio as I watch the storm build.
Hiya mate! Nice to meet a neighbour. Hope you enjoyed the Escudo. That was some storm. Where do you source your tobacco from by the way? I use Alexander's online. Devlins in Subi and London Court used to stock a good range but looks like they've given up on us pipers. ??

Reactions: jpmcwjr

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
Hiya mate! Nice to meet a neighbour. Hope you enjoyed the Escudo. That was some storm. Where do you source your tobacco from by the way? I use Alexander's online. Devlins in Subi and London Court used to stock a good range but looks like they've given up on us pipers. ??
I recently bought a tin of Amphora from Devlins in London Court for $95. I was hoping that they would have the Peterson range of tobaccos like they used to. The guy in the store told me they were working to get Peterson back in.

I only really bought the Amphora so I could smoke my pipe guilt free at the Devlins Cigar Club in Subiaco. A friend is a member and I didn’t want to get him in trouble by smoking tobacco not bought from Devlins.

I have been ordering blends from the US 5 tins at a time from SmokingPipes.com and 4Noggins the last few years, but that is no longer possible with the recent changes in import laws. Luckily I have been able to stock up enough to keep me going for a long time.

It’s a sad that it is hard and/or expensive to buy pipe tobacco in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.