PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I'm going to set this for Saturday, May 30, at 2 pm. I'm open to suggestions as to location for this outdoor event; we also need to have a rain backup. Suggestions, gents? (I posted before,but forgot to say "Detroit" in the title. I wondered why I was getting no responses. :crazy:)

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
If you guys don't mind coming downriver we could go to either Bishop or Elizabeth park. They are in Wyandotte and Trenton respectively and are right on the river. I know Bishop has pavilions and pretty sure Elizabeth park does as well.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I don't even know where Trenton or Wyandotte are, but if Jud is in, so am I. Are these wooded parks, by any chance? It would be nice to see what trees look like.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
General_Grant_Tree.jpg

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
Sparrowhawk Wyandotte amd Trenton are down 75. Around exit 40 or so. Looking at the date I doubt I'll make it. I'll be at greenfield village for their annual Memorial weekend Civil war event. Depending on where we decide I may be able to sneak away for a bit.
And yes there a lots of trees. One of them river things too.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I should be able to make it on the 30th. Location is not an issue.

I will bring that pipe rack for you Fred. :)

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
As I will hopefully have pipe cabinet drawings for you, Jim. Anxious to meet you and show off your pipe rack!

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Memorial Day is early this year,Gambit - the 23rd and 24th. I'm in Alma Memorial Day for the Highland Games. Downriver sounds good to me.

I'm sure those parks have trees, but I doubt if they are heavily wooded.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Look forward to meeting you to Fred and having a look at the cabinet drawings. :)
Will you be bringing yourloot from Chicago for us to ogle Jud?

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
If bishop park sounds good to you guys we could meet in the lot off of oak street and find a nice spot from there. I can post a map when I get home

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
If bishop park sounds good to you guys we could meet in the lot off of oak street and find a nice spot from there. I can post a map when I get home

Excellent!

Might it be useful for someone to be there early to stake out a space? Dunno how crowded it's going to be.

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bishop+Park/@42.2047486,-83.1467466,18z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x883b30be8b1720bb:0xd6f9cd57fcdc2f10
Oak is near the southern end of the park. I know there's a shady patio type thing that is normally open. Most people tend to be around the pier or playground. I'll go over there some time this week and see if I cant find a spot or snag a gazebo.
I can be there early as well.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
That would be great, gambit! Should someone bring soft drinks, or should we just individually bring a couple of cans for ourselves? As an incentive, I have a couple of items that I would like to distribute for anyone who wants them, just a couple of items. You'll see. Nothing to get excited over.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Bump.

BYO beverages. I still have goodie bags for anyone who does not have one. I also have a few samples left over from Chicago to share.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Looking forward to this outdoor gathering and hoping for a warm sunny day. Beverages and tobacco outdoors on a sunny day...life is good. Will be cool to sample some tobacco from the Chicago show.
Well it be necessary to bring a lawn chair along or will there be picnic tables to sit at?
Does anyone enjoy Bob's Chocolate Flake? I have a tin that doesn't tickle my fancy that I will bring along to share or give to someone if they would like it. :puffy:

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Sounds like a good idea, i.e., chair. Jkrug, I'll take the flakes off your hands--love chocolate. Meanwhile, I have some Dark Twist that's a little dry but can be rehydrated if too dry. I'll bring this along for either a taker or just to share with everyone else.
Does anyone like vest pocket pipes? I've got two. No charge. Both are Roleys.

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
There is a raised patio area I'm going to try and snag or a gazebo if the weather looks iffy. I'm going to scout out an area sometime during the week. I'd bring a lawnchair to be safe.
I thought about the bbq idea but I don't think they have grills.

Status
Not open for further replies.