PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Unfortunately I have to work now so I won't be able to make it. Have fun guys. :puffy:

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Aw, rats, guys, and especially Jim. Wanted to thank you in person for the pipe racks. I still don't have my display up proper yet because of Christmas season stuff, but will hopefully see you guys soon and will let you know through PM when I post a photo of the display.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I'm going anyway.See whoever shows up. May be closer to 130 before I get there. Christian,hope you make it.

cmclark

Lurker
Mar 15, 2014
Yep I'll see whomevers there around 1-130. If anyone one sees this I have a few CB and H&H pouch coupons if anyone is interested Ive been given plenty past week or two. I'll bring some anyways. See you there

cmclark

Lurker
Mar 15, 2014
Is was nice to meet you Jud and John thanks for all the samples. Ive jumped into trying them all out. Hope to see you at the next meet guys.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Gents, I really regret not showing. The sudden dropping of temperatures Friday, plus another trip the same day, just hit me too hard. I'm seeing the doc, but because of the crazy season, won't be able to do so until second week of January. I hope I'll be able to rejoin club activities after that, but I'm worried that's when we'll get hit by blizzards and associated meteorologic disasters. Just my luck! Now I'll have to take my chances without your sage advice about tobaccos, and take my chances ordering some new things from the P&C catalog as a guide for ordering things like the Cult tobaccos, and others.

cmclark

Lurker
Mar 15, 2014
sparrowhawk
I had a good time for my first meet. Was able to soak up the collective wisdom of Jud and John Beeler (dress as santa with samples :p). It was a nice time got a crash course on the tobaccos there as I enjoyed a bowl. I bought a few tins and thanks again to John for covering what I was short. I now have a wide starter variety to sample and enough to jar for aging. Looking forward to the next meet.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I also loaded Christian up with one of our goody bags. This was the last of the big ones - lots of diff blends,no mug, but he got the Sutliff tee.

It was a nice time - JR yanked all but one of the chairs they had up in the tobacco corner- certainly discouraged me from sticking around.

We'll try another in January - maybe Hill& Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.