Metro Detroit May gathering

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

judcole

Preferred Member
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Since the last Saturday of the month is Memorial Day weekend, we'll have to gather a week earlier.

Let's plan on Saturday, May 21, at 1 PM on Belle Isle. We'll get a table along the Strand so we can watch the boats on the river.

gambit88

Jan 25, 2015
I don't think I'll make this one. I have a BBQ and Dentist appointment that day

sparrowhawk

Preferred Member
Jul 24, 2013
I'm in. I've got to show off the offspring of my reoccurring PAD attacks. Need to sample some baccys as well. Am I the only one who likes aros? If not, I can always bring some samples along.

judcole

Preferred Member
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Well, Sparrowhawk has bailed. I think I am gonna take my pipe,and some baccy, and a book, and go down anyway. I'll be along the Strand somewhere.

judcole

Preferred Member
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
As of 1230 - the weather isn't that great. Gambit can't make it. Called his buddy John, who often comes,and left a message. No reply. Sparrowhawk bailed. Haven't heard from JKrug in a while. (Hope all is well, Jim.)

Instead of driving down to Belle Isle, I am gonna get the Brebbia churchwarden I was gonna take, load it with Lane RR, and go outside and smoke with something to read - and the pooch, of course. We'll hope for better luck next month. :puffy: