PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssavarimuthu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2016
Hey everyone!
Have my first order of SPC's Plum Pudding coming in today. Wanted to know what was the best method in breaking apart the cake. Do I just go ahead and break it all apart, or do I just break off enough for a bowl at a time?
Also, what has your experiences been with Plum Pudding? Should I allow it to dry out a little?
Thanks!
:puffpipe:

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
I just pull of a piece rub it out,gravity fill and lightly tamp.Hope you enjoy it!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I take a whole cake and rub it all out. Put it in a jar or food saver and smoke it up. It's pretty amazing to see how much tobacco a 2oz. cake actually yields that way.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I prefer to leave my crumble cakes whole and just break off a piece, rub it out and let it dry a bit. I think leaving them whole helps preserve the flavors and moisture better (less air circulation). Keeping the cake in an air tight jar will retain the freshness for quite sometime. For me crumble cakes and plugs are an occasional smoke and I usually have five or six open at a time. This system works well for me.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I just crumble what I need and the key is to pack the bowl on the loose side. Too tight and you'll be there all day and run out of matches.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I like to drop a couple of larger chunks in first to keep some air room in the bottom of the bowl, then cover with crumbled up pieces

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I just crumble up the whole tin and put it in a jar.

Status
Not open for further replies.