Metalheads, please raise your horns and be counted.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Pipe smoking Metalheads, what have you guys been listening to lately and what have you been smoking while jamming?
Whenever concerts are coming up I listen to the acts I'm heading out to see. So a lot of Krisiun, some Origin. Also a bunch of Ghost, King Diamond and Exodus. I have a heavy diet of black metal also. Mgla's new album "Exercises in Futility" is probably their best album at this point.
As for what's been going in my pipe, Orlik DSK is fantastic. Probably my favorite new/returning blend. Can't say enough about it, smooth, great tin note, doesn't sour and really the taste profile flows freely during the smokes I've had in my cobs and a few briars I smoke VAs in. I have to say that I do love Kentucky VAs.
Let's hear what you've been jamming and smoking.

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
Present and accounted for lol. Lately old AC/DC and Hal O the Wynd have been my friends!! But Ozzy and Black Sabbath are always welcome to smoke a bowl with me.
"And you won't feel the steel till its hanging out your back" Night Prowler - AC/DC

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I have a hard time smoking while jamming out as it influences my cadence.
The other day, I had on some Rage Against the Machine and found myself puffing like a madman!
Therefore, I choose more relaxing music for smoking and Metal for working in the yard / shop / truck.
Metallica, Tool, Pantera and others do get ample speaker-time though! :P

bonehed

Nov 27, 2014
The Faceless and Dark Plug here at the moment.
I enjoy most genres though, there's quality in most everything...

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
@deathmetal, how are you liking Repentless? I haven't heard anything other than the title track.
Keep rocking guys, I may have to check out The Faceless.

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
In honor of Sunday and to follow MRLC, first pipe is Irish Flake, and "We're going to do a number for you now called Black Sabbath"
Figure in black that points at me.

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
My two favs are AC/DC and Metallica. Just saw AC/DC on this past Tues. at Ford Field here in Detroit and the lads still got it! Angus is still a force of nature and even with camera close ups on his guitar, his fingering is still hard to follow. A true rock god :worship: and smiled all day Wed with a little ringing still in my ears.
Double Eagle from Sterling in my Mark Twain MM Cob. Rock'n the burley cube cut, 2 years old. :puffy:

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
Fuzz saw them last week. Metz seeing them in November. White Knight in a ferndown.

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
And deafheaven

Sunno))), have to listen to the collaboration with Scott Walker.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
CM, while in rehab I saw GWAR at First Ave, a legendary club in Minneapolis. It was the most fun I've had in a show audience. Great stuff!!! Also saw KMFDM there, another awesome concert!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
You might be interested in this related band:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA6ZutGkYf8
It's 'tech' metal that appeals to me as a musician...
Sometimes, the classics have a lot to offer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnUZ5xpcKHw
@deathmetal, how are you liking Repentless? I haven't heard anything other than the title track.
With the caveat that bands in their third decade can hardly be expected to produce what they did in their third year, I have to say I like it. There are weak spots: vocals are somewhat somnolent, guitars sometimes try too hard to be random, and riffs show a clear pondering of why other bands made it big while Slayer remained the go-to for being outside of socially acceptable... but: I think it's their best effort in years. Keeps the energy high and the aggression honest.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Primus fans?
watch

Status
Not open for further replies.