PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
So I got this $45 Mastro de Paja pipe from Smoking Pipes. com a couple of weeks ago, and as I looked at the current production of these, it seems that some of these pipes have the bowl top completely rusticated, (like mine), and others are half rusticated with a smooth inside edge to the chamber. I was debating on whether or not I like it better the smooth inside better. Ultimately I decided the whole pipe could use a little facelift. I ended up topping the bowl and making it smooth and lightening the stain on the area of the nomenclature to match. I'm still on the fence about what I did, but I think it looks a little better. Still I'm not sure, so what do you think? Did I make a mistake?
By the way it has no effect on the way it smokes, it still is a great smoking pipe. Where is it made? Who knows, it stamped "Fatta in Italia", so maybe it really is made in Italy.
img_07351-600x362.jpg

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I like it a lot better and think you did an outstanding job. Bravo! :clap: :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's a good upgrade, though I like those pipes as is too. Now it's all yours. I bet they are great smokers. I have an Eriksen by Nording that is similar to this, low price but good production standards. It just gets better, so sturdy and durable and a fine smoker. This illustrates that if you know something about pipes, you are in a position to get a great pipe for a basic price, if you are so inclined.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I have a Mastro de Paja I was given as a Father's Day gift 3 years ago. Mine is a sitter and is a great smoking pipe.

They have been around since 1972. Here's a link:

https://pipedia.org/wiki/Mastro_de_Paja

Status
Not open for further replies.