PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2011
Hey there guys while it is good we have the chance to put our questions across who would think it would be a good idea if we had the chance to chat online through a chat channel or something. I know we can see who is online at the bottom of each page we visit but there seems to be no way we can chat openly as such. I am thinking of something like live chat. What do the mods think?, any ideas.

smoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2011
thanks baskerville and marmalade. I have read the page and understand. I suppose i'll get used to knowing you guys better in a different way to what i'm used to i.e chatrooms.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
My suggestion is to establish a chat facility for friends to use between themselves. I've made several friends the most recent just minutes ago and I believe it would be great for groups of us to be able to communicate on a personal rather than a forum basis. At this time, I really do not know what the "purpose" is of the friends linkup other than a brotherly expression. I agree that an open chat room is of little value, however, a place for friends to meet in a virtual pipe lounge would be superb. In the current format our conversation is limited and topic focused whereas in a chat situation we could shoot some breeze while puffing some smoke.

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
I hate to be anti chat line, but I don't like the idea of checking another chat room for myself. It if not monitored become a place for spammers to hit us etc. Plus, the need to post things in the forum for all to read allows us to share. Sharing our complete thoughts with one another doesn't key out new members who may no feel entirely comfortable discussing pipes. My two cents anyways.

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
I read Kevin's post on the subject and can see his point. If 2 people on the forum want to chat, there are many other places that they can use to do it that are already set up for that purpose.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Yep, Skype, Facebook, etc. are all great places to add friends to chat one-on-one. Also, I think that the maintenance of a chat room can be quite costly and I've known several to be buggy on some other sites. I prefer the forums and then hookin' up for other conversation in the other types with individuals.

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
Forget chatrooms or forums. Let's get down to business and do the real virtual pipe lounge...... with a holodeck!
Ok enough trekiness for one day, but seriously, that'd be so cool.
And actually I'm not a treky at all (haven't even seen most of em) but holodecks, replicators, and teleportors would put iphones so far off the grid.
Back to topic... keep the forums. They're better.

Status
Not open for further replies.