PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
This last Friday, I had the good fortune to meet one of our members OldTom. We live within driving distance one another. He had suggested we meet up at our local B & M. It was without a doubt one of the most pleasant experiences with Pipe smoking I've ever had. He gave me insight on local pipe smoking clubs in the past and local history. The forum here is grand but it was nice to see another flesh and bone piper around. so often, pipe smoking for me is a solitary affair. I love that but it's still nice shoot the breeze about pipes and life. While I was there, I picked up a tin of Sam Gawith Balkan flake. Man talk about a nice tobacco been smoking it everyday since. Tom took time enough to give me great advice smoking since he's a major leaguer and I'm still on the practice squad. I can't get over the nice robust taste and how cool it smokes when you fold them. I have ambulatory issues with my hands and flakes seem tailored to helping me load a bowl. Thanks to the forum I was emboldened enough to finally try flakes and meet another piper. My wallet will soon thin, I feel it starting.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Sounds like a great day, indeed. I know there are a couple somewhat close to me and I'd definitely like to meet up sometime and enjoy a good smoke and conversation.
And to be introduced to a new baccy, can't beat that either.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Those meet-n-greets with fellow PM members are a lot of fun.

I missed William last Saturday, but we'll get together soon I'm sure.

They definitely make for an excellent day. Sounds like you had a great time....

:puffy:

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Yes, I think pipes smoking is usually a solitary experience, and it is a fine one to enjoy alone. However, it is always great to hang out with another, or several pipe smokers. There are always stories, knowledge and experience to be shared, and it is so enjoyable.

nmbigfoot02

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2011
It would be nice if we could facilitate pipe smokers getting together. Maybe a "Regional" forum subheading with sections for Southeast, Northeast, Midwest, etc. or by state? Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.