Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Actually I am interested in the topic...and I'm interested in real science
Good! It's out there. Rock on....
I just don't drink the current toxic mix of Academic Kool-Aid Pseudo-Science that they're continually trying to pass off on everyone
Certainly everyone has different standards when it comes to the value of empirical data and the methods with which it was gathered, analyzed, and the conclusions it leads to. Where you fall on that spectrum is a part of your own journey that I wouldn't presume to relate to or critique.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I think the chief reason it won't work is that most fans of the movie series were interested in the character, James Bond. The movies were about Bond, not a generic 007. Without a Bond, I think interest will tank.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
How is this pipe related?
I like pie.
You spelled pipe wrong, pappymac...
jay-roger.jpg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
It will be interesting to see who's sentiments end up being correct, or at least closest on this thread. I'll watch it, that's for sure. Probably not in a theater though. I live 45 minutes from the closest one, so by the time my wife and I drive there it will be on one streaming service or another.
Plus theaters don't pause for diaper changes :?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
You should eat less before heading to the theater... :rofl:
Hahaha, I should eat less in general! But my 2 month old daughter, unfortunately, has no choice. My wife spends all day blasting milk into her face and I spend all day cleaning it up after she blasts it out the other end. The circle of life. How beautiful.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I believe Bonds were, historically, cast with the feminine audience upper most in the minds of the producers. Now they are going for a different demographic. This, should sink the value of the franchise as the new target audience is pretty damned small. Time will tell.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
According to the script details that have come to light James Bond has retired and is recalled back to service. With his retirement his number was assigned to a new agent played by Lashana Lynch. Don't know why so many people are going off the deep end on this. The movies have gone far beyond what Ian Fleming wrote. Good lord the crap they filmed for The Spy Who Loved Me is vomit inducing. The book is completely different and far far better.
We're talking and arguing about fictional characters; like how a mermaid can't be black. :crazy:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Do you mind if I ask what you do, as you said you were in the entertainment industry?
I've worn a lot of different hats over the years. I started out as a traditional matte painter, and have worked as a storyboard artist, visual FX supervisor, matte painting supervisor, art director, animation background designer and painter, animation art director, color stylist, production manager, and currently am working as the color supervisor on the upcoming Harley Quinn animated series.
My first major credit was as the Background Supervisor for the original TRON, for which I also designed about 20% of the Electronic World backgrounds, while directing the painting of all of the background paintings. I was a founding member of Warner Digital Studios, as well as its antecedent, WBIT (pronounced wabbit), which was Warner Brothers Imaging Technology, and supervised the first all digital, classically animated stereoscopic cartoon, as well as the restoration of the film, Woodstock, for which I supervised the restoration of Jimi Hendrix' performance of Voo Doo. I'm credited with about 40 feature films. though it's actually closer to 60. I was often brought in to fix bad work, which largely goes uncredited. I've also worked on literally hundreds of commercials.
All this proves that I can't keep a job.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Jesse, as a painting hobbiest of very meager talent, will say I've seen some of your realist paintings on your website and you are a marvelous painter.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Wow, that's awesome. Now I need to go check out the Jimi Hendrix Voo Doo in Woodstock. It's also cool Harley Quinnis getting an animated series. That character seems to be super popular right now.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
jesse, those are some impressive credits. I remember when Tron came out. I saw it in the theater and was blown away at the special effects. Back then it was cutting edge. Even when I watch it today it still entertains me.

Status
Not open for further replies.