PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I meant to try to summarize the most important point he made, and I think it would be: Just smoke the damned things, don't sweat any of it, and don't treat them like fragile glass.

Exactly. I got over that idea fairly quickly. I'm not reckless with it but once it got a couple scuffs and scrapes I really started to relax and enjoy it more. My 12 year old son accidentally knocked it off my work bench into an open drawer full of tools. I was so happy it didn't hit the cement floor and break, I didn't care that it got scuffed up a little. Now that scuff is just a going to be a reminder of him at 12. Like the guy said, it adds character.
You know come to think of it, it's a lot like my wife's car we bought new several years ago. After she drove it a while, well...it's still nice but hey, what's a ding here or a scrape there?

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
He took along time for a short message, but then it was more like show and tell. When he took the block out of the water, I was expecting him to show us that it had softened to become more easily carved. But he didn’t! I was really curious to see if reality matched my expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.