PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindglue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2016
Hello everyone,

I have three meerschaum pipes, and was thinking about getting one more ( PAD - Forever). I didn't find much information about meerschaum reverse calabash pipes, neither on our forum, no on Google. Anyone with personal experience? Is it any difference compare with regular meer? Any thought or speculations?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I'd imagine the physics works for meer as it does for briar, if by regular meer you mean non- reverse calabash. They're not too common in meer, but SmokingPipes has a pricey one:

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/imp-meerschaum/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=310591

002-316-3264.7841.jpg

mindglue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2016
So, everything that we have with briar reverse calabash (extra space that more effective in drying/cooling the smoke), just different material, in this case - meerschaum. Yep, looks like Smoking Pipes has few of them, all on a pricey side.

mindglue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2016
Cool looking pipes. Its 2018 Limited edition, right? Did you find any difference how they smoke, compare with regular cobs?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Cool looking pipes. Its 2018 Limited edition, right? Did you find any difference how they smoke, compare with regular cobs?
2015 top, 2018 bottom. No real difference other than having another chamber to clean and there does seem to be less moisture build-up in the stem.

mindglue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2016
Thank you Embers, potentially less moisture build-up in the stem is a good news for me. Over the last couple years I improved my smoking technique, or I think so, but moisture occasionally would be a problem.

Will place reverse calabash pipe(meerschaum or not) on my PAD list

Status
Not open for further replies.