PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I've done a lot of window shopping but don't have a firm grasp yet of trusted sellers. Altinok? Meerco on ebay? MeerQueen I've heard good things about but he has nothing to choose from for me now.

bruce74

Lurker
Jan 29, 2015
DISCLAIMER: I'm not sure if I'm allowed to answer so if the mods think this is against the rules please delete.
Ozgur Pipe is a really great company with a collaboration of top carvers. Great customer service and will make anything you can imagine. They even have the beginnings of a Meer corncob concept.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
I don't think you can go wrong with Altinok, Baki or MeerQueen. I have several from each and I have no complaints.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Depends on what price range you're looking for, but you can't find a higher quality meer than Baki, imo.

sajgre

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2010
Meerschaum store has great pipes from Tekin. Engineering and block are as good as it gets.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I have a handful of meers. My Altinook is a great pipe, but I had to wait several months for carving and shipping. Storient, well I don't think you can order directly anymore and he had some issues, but the pipe I got is actually quite nice. I have a CAO/Bekler carved figural pipe which is well made and probably similar stuff can be found on the internet for immediate purchase. All that being said, the next time I am looking for a top end pipe I will be buying another Baki pipe. It is the only pipe I've unpackaged and had an auditory exclamation along the lines of, "HOLY #$^%!!"

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
I only have experience with Baki. I have two and will buy another. I see no reason to try any others.
I'm glad I took the chance on meerschaum and didn't bother with a cheaper alternative. I still smoke briar and corn cob, but the Baki's have become my "go to" pipes.

crazyhog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2015
heard altınay meerschaum. How About altınay meerschaum (http://www.altinaymeerschaumpipe.com)?

Is there anyone who has any experience or idea?
No first hand experience, but they appear to me good quality, if not the best. Be careful though, because many use a 9mm filter. Which I like, but you may not.

crazyhog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2015
IMP looks to be excellent. I'm learning don't be cheap with Meerchaums. You get what you pay for. I gave up on anything NIB under $150, even smooth bowls.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I have two Meers - a SMS and Fikri Baki. I like them both but prefer my SMS simply because of the shape. The Baki is coloring much better that the SMS and has seen about half as many smokes. Better Meer I assume. I may sell my Baki as I just don't reach for it very often.

crazyhog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2015
Meerchaummarket.com just recommended to me IMP for best quality. Damn expensive for minimal carvings though.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I have two Meers - a SMS and Fikri Baki. I like them both but prefer my SMS simply because of the shape. The Baki is coloring much better that the SMS and has seen about half as many smokes. Better Meer I assume. I may sell my Baki as I just don't reach for it very often.
Sorry, I told you I don't reach for it very often. I just brought it out of storage and it is a Ismet Bekler. Anyway, same applies but with the Bekler, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.