PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

klause

I was extremely fortunate to acquire this magnificent pipe a couple of weeks ago:
MeerBull.jpg

I did the usual clean (mega tar sausage blocking the stem, and a thick cake in the bowl), and then waxed it over a couple of evenings. The colour deepened, and it glows from within, though the pictures don't really capture it.
image1-e1436212677724.jpg

image9-e1436212702989.jpg

I've smoked it quite a few times in the last week or so, and it is absolutely gorgeous. It's 109 years old, and getting more beautiful with every passing day.

K

klause

Hunter, I have no idea who made it - there's nothing on the pipe itself, but the band is stamped MF in a lozenge - there are a few MF's out there, but nothing I can find that is in a Lozenge.
The pipe is perfect and a sublime smoker - Irish Flake simply sings in this, rubbed out, cubed, or just stuffed - it all works perfectly - smoking itm is quite the transportative experince.
Michael, thanks - Bulldogs are really floating my boat lately, and this one is a real cracker - more so given it's in great shape for its age. Reckon there's a few more decades at least left in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.