PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinfireman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2015
Well I just bought another drugstore pipe. A Medico Varsity briar smooth finish, and it's a pretty good looking pipe. I got home, stuffed it with some PA and fired it up. I was dreading another break-in process, we all know how unpleasant that is. Well, to my suprise, it tasted just like another seasoned briar. The smoke was cool and plentiful, with just two relights necessary. I'd say for 30 bucks its one of my better pipes. I have Mr. Brogs that don't smoke half as well and cost twice as much.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some of the U.S. factory pipes perform well above their price. I have a Kaywoodie Drinkless author; a Kaywood push bit panel Saxon pot; and two Dr. Grabow Royaltons, a bulldog and a pot (equipped with Savenelli no-filter adapters), several Bentons, and a Yello-Bole panel pot Checker. They are really satisfying pipes. I have a number of medium and more up-market pipes which I very much enjoy, but there's much to be said for U.S. factory pipes. Work horses for working folks.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
...by the way, 4Noggins has some real briar Medico pipes (not to be confused with their Brylon pipes which mostly aren't too popular on Forums). For good but inexpensive U.S. factory pipes, also look at tobaccopipes.com, and also look at their Chapuis-Comoy selection, good french smooth briar pipes at low-low prices.

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
I like WVSMOKESHOP.COM
most of their pipes (most) are American Factory pipes. Great price, a variety of OTC blends, and amazing customer service.

They also have a LARGE selection of Kaywoodie Handmades and POY

Status
Not open for further replies.