Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
We recently remodeled the bathroom and we had a wooden medicine cabinet with adjustable/removable wooden shelves similar to this

medicine-cabinet-extraordinary-unfinished-wood-medicine-cabinet-surface-mount-medicine-cabinets-surface-mount-medicine-cabinets-home-depot.jpg

I threw it in the trash and never thought about cutting slots in the shelves and repurposing it into a pipe rack/cabinet. It was in really good condition and it would of been so easy.
Anyone else ever repurpose a cabinet or another item into a pipe rack?

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Anything can be a pipe rack. Just make sure to drill holes for ventilation.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I haven't, but that would be an excellent use for it! I'm constantly on the lookout for items in antique stores or the flea market at the fairgrounds in Raleigh that I can buy and reclaim the wood from or re-purpose, given the item isn't in the best condition and I can buy it for cheap. I don't buy things I would cry over tearing apart, just things that have seen better days and something made of actual wood that I can use. If I had that, I'm sure I might have considered it, Scott. I always would like to take something that looks the part already an with minimal work, transform it into something different.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Repurposing furniture and other objects for pipe racks is a challenge, egg cartons to antique furniture of various kinds. The cabinet looks like a good start.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
That’s a pretty slick setup. I have something similar but smaller with individual folding stands up top because it doesn’t accommodate real pipe racks.

Status
Not open for further replies.