Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I love this tobacco. A guy gave me some for a bowl at the Chicago show and I loved it. Then he gave me what was left in his tin, about 3 - 4 bowls worth after I told him how much I loved it.
Going to read your review right now.

mate

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 4, 2009
Trinidad & Tobago, W.I.
RE: I think this guy is your long lost brother Mate! ;)
I would not wish this on that nice guy:
My Brother, is the most serious person you ever came across, he is 7 yrs younger than me, but people think me is much older. He had even planned to enter the Priesthood.
In short he has the personality of a Goldfish

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
That was funny stuff there. I love that guy. The second actual review(part 2) is good too....he's still coming up with more descriptives in the second review comparing it to all the things in life that smell bad....he has a bunch of 'em.... "4 day old underwear".

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I do like Frog Morton and Frog Morton On The Town. And, I would love to hang out with this guy...seems like a real cut up.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
My McCelland's 5110 has been compared to FM and FMOTT. McCelland's says it is closer to FM though. To give you an idea of how much I like it, there are 9 unopened quart jars, 1 opened jar and 10 pounds of it in my cellar.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Frog Morton on the town is my first non-aromatic and I love it. Everybody has their own opinions on taste and smell, but that guy's complete (and comic) disgust at the tin aroma of the Frog is baffling to me. It's all I can do not to run downstairs right now and open the tin and breathe deeply.
When my FMOTT's done, I think I'll give FM a go, but one or the other is going to be a permanent fixture in my collection, that's for sure.
My local tobacconist has the McClelland 5110 in bulk. I'd be curious to try it and compare, but at the rate I smoke and rotating different blends, I'll let you know what I think some time in 2012. Stay tuned!
Simon

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I guess I'm too new at this, but after trying it tonite, I missed all of the chocolate and fruity part to it that you mentioned. I didn't have to re-light and there was no tongue bite. I still have the taste of a cigar in my mouth an hour later. :) On to the next one, I'm enjoying trying out all these blends.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Never heard anyone compare Frog to a cigar , Igloos rule if it smells bad it probably smokes good , if it stinks it must be latakia love , if it smells good Ill have to clean my pipe twice to get the goop out .

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Igloos rule if it smells bad it probably smokes good , if it stinks it must be latakia love , if it smells good Ill have to clean my pipe twice to get the goop out .
That's a good rule to follow in general, probably more so for beginners, because after a while your definition of what smells good will change too. Smoky Latakia starts to smell good. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.