McClelland Christmas Cheer 2014 Is In...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
On your marks, get set, and go!

SP got them in for $15.90/100g

How many are your getting?
Shutterbug

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I saw that. I will be waiting until 4noggins.com gets their shipment before I place my order. SP has taken enough of my money in pipes over the past month. Gotta spread the love around a little :rofl:

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
My McClelland order, which includes Christmas Cheer 2014 and Holiday Spirit, is due in Monday.
Rich Gottlieb

4noggins.com

groovesmith75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 29, 2014
I also order 3 one to smoke and 2 to age. I wonder how much they change from year to year as i've only had 2 different years and different ages.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
A tin of 1998 McClelland Christmas Cheer is currently worth about $46, based on recent eBay sales. That might not be a bad retirement investment. Of course, back in 1998, not many people were cellering Christmas Cheer, so there is a small supply available now, and if the number of pipe smokers declines over the next 16 years, then the market will shrink....
There have to be some commodities speculators here. What say thee? Is pipe tobacco, carefully selected, a good investment, or should I stick with my oddly-shaped vegetable collection?

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
I think buying tobacco with the hope of huge appreciation is taking a flyer. Even if taxes spike it will be irrelevant if there is no one to buy it. I'm not yet convinced that the pipe boom has legs. Now if you have any veggies that look like Jesus or the Virgin Mary I think you're golden :wink:

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
So is 4noggins. It was only the first shipment. Itll be in stock again soon....just like everything else

briarfriar

Can't Leave
I just got home from New York Pipe Club's August meet-up, where Chris from Nat Sherman had a tin of this available. While I didn't get the chance to smoke any, I did get a whiff of the tin and... wow! This is going to be a joy to smoke now and, I'm sure, in years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.