PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
These are the only two brands that are well-stocked at my local pipe shop.
Plenty to choose from (in tins) from both maker, can I get some recommendations? :puffpipe:

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Pretty much any McClelland VA. is going to be good, as well as the Frog Morton series also try Blue Mountain. As for Macbaren I like Symphony and Vanilla Cream.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
I love MacBaren. Any of the 7 seas are superb. Club Blend is awesome too

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
MacBaren HH Vintage Syrian and Solent are regular parts of my rotation. I also enjoy Mixture and Burley London, and Navy Flake is worth a try.
McClelland's Virginias are quite good. This will be sacrilege to some, but I tried a couple of Frogs and didn't care for them.

Have fun exploring!

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
I like the Frog Mortons and Wilderness from McClelland.

Mac Baren 7 seas blends are great too.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah MacB's 7 Seas line is really good. Love their Vanilla Cream too. Cherry and Black Ambrosia are pretty good blends as well. Only McClelland I smoke somewhat regularly is the Best of Show from their Premium Aromatics line.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Mac Baren 7 seas Royal is a great aromatic. The plum cake has a nice smoky flavor to it. Vanilla cream flake was a keeper! I just tried it last week. Thes three are very different but worth trying.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
McClelland Blue Mountain, Frog Morton on the Bayou, Caramel Rush, Holiday Spirit, Townsman Cavendish Blue (Maple),

and Royal Cajun Special. Roayl Cajun Dark and Black are much stronger, very spicy. Unfortunately, I dont like Christmas Spirit, but it's a top notch Virginia, if you go for that.
The only MacBaren I have tried is Vanilla Cream, and it is among the best Vanilla aromatics I have tried.

Jul 15, 2011
I love Frog Morton and 3 Oaks Syrian by McClelland. As far as MacBaren, I dig the 7 Seas Royal and the HH Highland, but those are the only two blends that I have tried thus far.

mikewi

Lurker
Dec 16, 2011
I'm a big fan of MacBaren Navy Flake, Mixture Scottish Blend, and Club Blend, although I have others that I like, they are at the top of the list.

htmn246

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 11, 2010
Try McClelland Old Church it has a nice room aroma and tastes great.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
+1 on the MacB vanilla cream. Just finished a second bowl of it (first one on Wednesday) and I like it. I wasn't all that fond of the Golden Extra (bulk), I was told the tin is better.

Like the Frog Morton o/t town

Status
Not open for further replies.