PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Always the worst, not only do I have to deal with the discomfort of being sick, I will mostly have to take a break on pipes for a while.
Always the worst

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
Good for you,taking a break. I just say it as I light another bowl full. I'm sick too.

feel better!

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
not understanding why u have to take a break from pipe mate. I read on here quite a bit bout ppl takin a break when they r not feeling 100%. I still need a smoke even when i am sick.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I'm just getting over a pretty nasty upper respiratory infection, and I took a break from smoking for a couple of days.
When I was smoking cigarettes (pre-2006), I would still smoke even while coughing up a lung.
The difference is, I miss my pipe, I was addicted to cigarettes.
Feel better Chaplick

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Imay have understated things, I never take a break until im really sick, The dr says I have such a bad case of strep throat it may turn to scarlet fever even though he already gave me meds.
I feel horrible, and im missing my pipe already

sirsmokesalot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2012
North Carolina
That doesn't sound so good. A sore throat is the worse! Just get a lot of rest and drink

a lot of water for that throat! I don't think I could smoke with a throat like that. Well....Maybe! :puffy:

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
Take care of yourself bro! I wouldn't do anything to aggravate your illness. The sooner you get better, the sooner you can again enjoy your pipe. Get well soon! :puffy:

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Get well soon, chaplick. Scarlet Fever maybe? Damn! You'll be back in a bit, we'll still be here :)

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Keep an eye out for a red rash that feels like sandpaper & head straight to the Doc at the first sign.

flipflopsandshades

Can't Leave
Dec 12, 2010
I have been sick for over a week and haven't smoked in almost that long. In the past I know that it takes a long time for me to get over a cold and get the medicine out of my system. If I smoke too soon, it all tastes like crap anyways. Just my luck as I got a nice TAD order right before I got sick! :(

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
I wonder if you need to sterilize your pipes if you had strep, and continued to smoke? I throw away my tooth brush after strep/sinus infections to prevent becoming infected again.

smokenscotch

Nov 23, 2011
Take a break, the pipe will taste better than ever when you return to it. Get well soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.