PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I'm declaring May 31 "World Meddling Interloper Day".
On WMID, everyone who smokes pipes or cigars gets to bitch slap a busy body that can't mind their own fricken business.

captainpeg

Lurker
Mar 27, 2013
What, No Tobacco Day? Surley you jest.
They do not...and don't call me Shirley!

Randy

PS - I will be smoking as much and as publicly as humanly possible on that wonderful day.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Yet another +1 to Peck, I'd look forward to that sort of holliday more than Christmas and Easter combined (this coming from a Lutheran, just so you know I really mean it...)!

And I'll be making sure to be in a public place with a pouch full of tobacco and two pipes to rotate between. In fact, I think I may make this the one day a year I allow myself to chainsmoke.

estumpf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2013
I will exercise my freedom based on knowledge, I will not smoke a cigarette. I will celebrate this act of solidarity with those who wish to protect the health of the world with my favorite pipe and tobacco...Oh, there is so much to choose.

hemsworth

Might Stick Around
May 27, 2013
May 31st, eh? Let me think about this...I'll be at my campsite in 1000 Islands on one of the forecasted warmest days of the spring. Sitting on the docks and watching paradise. Yes, I think that I will smoke myself green.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
In keeping with peck's suggestion, might I submit the following photo that conveys my attitude to those do gooders who scold me for piping on May 31st.
Train-rider-001.jpg

(If the moderators feel this is not appropriate, please feel free to delete my post. No worries. It's such a crazy picture I just had to find a thread to post it on).

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
How do these nonsense days come about? I'll ignore it now that I am aware of it but who declares these days? Another example of people needing to get lives and leave me alone.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Perfect - I work 1/2 days on Fridays, so I can stop by the B&M, pick up a new Stanwell, and start breaking it in... :D

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
The concept might appeal to those trying to give up the cancer sticks but I think the pipe smokers here have put a resounding no to the idea of not smoking their pipes.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I had planned on smoking a lot that day anyways because I have an 800 mile trip in a moving truck to make and I never smoke besides at work. No baby or wife in the truck so I plan on smoking to my hearts content :)

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I had no idea that there was such a thing as no smoking day
Why, according to our beloved mayor Bloomberg , every day should be no tobacco day!
The millions that are spent on his anti smoking commercials while real people are suffering without jobs
This man should be ashamed of himself
A megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.