Matches.! The good, the bad and the ugly.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Use mostly Diamond Greenlight, but have found strike anywhere at Ace Hardware.
I never use lighters, since I fear scorching top of my pipes, which I have done in the past.

samon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2015
I was in the shop earlier getting some bits for the fridge and figured I'd get a lotto ticket and some swan matches, incase I dry them and make them taste better. To my suprise, a box only costs £0.24! Thats less than I thought so I bought ten boxes to experiment with.
Shame they are so damn short..

samon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2015
I have now got 42 meters/yards of hemp wick! it's geat stuff, beeswax coated to keep it stiff and completely falvourless. I will do a write up at a later date on it but so far, geat! One light with a lighter and you're good to really light even the moisture loads fully!

samon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2015
This is 3 rolls of 12 meter hemp wicks.

In use, still impressed with lack of taste and effeciency even at the bottom of the bowl to get that dottle going!

The three rolls cost £5 on ebay! Bargain imo.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
A couple members have given the hemp wick a try. I'd like to give it a go myself but haven't taken the time to track some down yet. I've found it online but the price seemed high to me, I need to see if I can source it locally. I can see it being fun to use while sitting in my smoking chair relaxing. :puffy:

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
http:www.beewickhemp.com seems to be the cheapest place to get it. $15 for 420 ft. Considering 5 feet should last at least a week, this is a huge supply. Seems to me to be a very good price. Other brands cost more because they use organic hemp, a factor that doesn't matter in the slightest because I'm just setting it on fire.

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
damianmonk: really? I'm in Amsterdam as well, but I mostly have problems because of the wind (I tend to use a Zippo, then).
Do you live in a woonboot? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.