PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
I seen on one of the posts,someone had computer print out labels on their jars.I was wondering where I may purchase those.Ive been using regual write on lables and stiking to the sides.It gets the job done,but Ive purchased a display cabinet for my pipes and tobaccos,and would like them looking sharp when someone enters the (man cave)As always,Thanks In Advance

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Any tips on non-permanent (non-sticky adhesive, that is) labels? I'm envisioning something like colorforms like we had as kids...those floppy plastic cut-outs that would adhere with surface tension to smooth objects.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
I use the removable address labels and have the template saved on my computer so it is easy to change/add labels as needed..........
IMG_0206-1.jpg

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
romeo, you may want to consider THESE... I'm getting some this weekend and I'll tell you how they are...
-Jason

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
One thing you could try is either scanning the tin or saving the label photo off a webpage, then printing them onto labels. When we get pouches we normally just cut out the label and tape them on. We tried using rare earth magnets to afix them to the lid and that turned out to be a big mess.

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
i put really fancy green masking tape on my jars then write the name on with a sharpie. i am either lazy, apathetic, or simple. i can't decide.

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
I use removable erasable file folder labels. Not sure about using a printer on those. I use sharpies and then alcohol if I want to re use them. Get them at Wally World.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I have a label machine that prints them 1.5 inches in height and as long as you want... They work great, but I like the idea of address labels and dressing them up.. I'm gonna redo my cellar once I have time and use that idea!!

loneredtree

Part of the Furniture Now
May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
Check this site out fulbent. I have even done some of my own following the general idea. I printed them out on photo paper and used a glue stick to apply them.
http://pipetobacco.webs.com/
good luck. :puffpipe:

groundsar

Might Stick Around
Nov 22, 2010
Thanks for the link lone. I'm planning to try that out as soon as I can get my printer set back up.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I usually peel the label off of the tin or cut it off of the pouch and stick it on with packing tape. If the label cannot be peeled off or is a painted on label I resort to the same fancy green tape that Jason uses. Some times I even get really fancy and use the yellow tape.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I want to print out a description of the tobacco or tin art, but I settle for drawing a circle slightly smaller than the jar ring. Then I write a name / description of the tobacco. Then I cut out the circle and put it between the lid and the ring.
Winton

Status
Not open for further replies.