PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

skylonrow

Might Stick Around
Feb 23, 2011
Great Britain
Looking for a new pipe and I've heard that Mario Grandi are very nice pipes, Having a look around that look reasonably priced and get good reviews on YouTube.
Anyone here have any experience with Mario Grandi pipes? Good, Bad?

theray

Lurker
Dec 7, 2011
Seriously, they are good pipes and I usually stick with cobs. But if you want a great 2 hour smoke buy one of their giants or monsters. The prices are good, service great, and shipping is swift! I really want to try one of the Ardor giants, anyone have feedback on those?

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
I have an apple that I picked up a few months ago and I like it alot! Smokes great, nice 'n dry.... I would also like to pick up one of their Large series. I see that they have recently been producing olive wood and oak wood pipes.... Not sure about those....

skylonrow

Might Stick Around
Feb 23, 2011
Great Britain
Thanks man, ha ha Ardors are meant to be quite good but but its upto you to decide whether the quality of the pipe and the smoke justifies the price. But I cant afford an Ardor :P

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
I have a Mario Grandi which is one of my favorite pipes in my collection. They certainly have some unique styles.

skylonrow

Might Stick Around
Feb 23, 2011
Great Britain
I have an apple that I picked up a few months ago and I like it alot! Smokes great, nice 'n dry.... I would also like to pick up one of their Large series. I see that they have recently been producing olive wood and oak wood pipes.... Not sure about those....
I was under the general consensus that pipes are made from briar and any other wood is inferior? Is this not the case, or is it very much dependant on the tobacco you smoke?

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
The general consensus is that briar is best. But it is up to the individual to determine how much better it really is. Some members love cobs to death and give briar the middle finger. I love cobs and think it is a different and enjoyable "experience".
The same may be said for pipes made out of other things than briar. If you like it then smoke on! :puffy:

pentangle

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
Ardor are of superior quality.Mario Grandi have a minor reputation here in italy than Rovera productions.His reputation is due mainly for the giant sizes.If You look a t Mario's big sizes on mid prices they're ok, but if you are looking at mario's top prices i think there are in italy much better for the same cost

Maurizio

Status
Not open for further replies.