PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
No Penzance or Stonehaven but they still have Margate, which I recently tried, thanks to Uncle Blackie. They also have Peacehaven in stock as well as other Estorica blends.
Pax

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Actually, I just pulled the trigger on a pound of Margate ten minutes ago. Worth trying if you're interested.
I don't know how scarce Margate is. SmokingPipes told me they dont' get Margate often and when they do, it is a small allotment. The rep said I should jump on it.
Pax

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
@ Pax, You should shop around the other sites more because P&C has the 8oz bags for $50 and CupOJoes has same stuff for $39.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Yep. I could've saved 10 bucks. Cup of Joes limits you to one bag.
I was under the impression that Margate was HTF, so I pulled the trigger too quickly.
I was surprised that COJ was lower. When I shop P&C is usually within pennies of the lowest for an order. COJ has always been one of the highest, if not the highest. I hardly ever check them when shopping bulk orders. Guess that will change.
Pax

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I just found something that evens things out. COJ charges $12 for orders over $100. I cancelled a 3 bag order when I discovered this in check out.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
But when you compare the total $ for a 3 bag order between P&C or COJ, 50+50=50 or 39+39+39+12 you'd save $11 at COJ. THEN if you think about some more, Esoterica is too freaking expensive anyway. :roll:
PMO???

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
And So To Bed is actually discounted to $14.99 a tin and $39.99 for the 8 oz bag
I'd like to try Tilbury, but I don't need 8 oz of the stuff (which P&C still has in stock in case anyone is interested)

carytobacco

Can't Leave
Nov 23, 2012
Cary, NC
Actually, I just pulled the trigger on a pound of Margate ten minutes ago. Worth trying if you're interested.
I don't know how scarce Margate is. SmokingPipes told me they dont' get Margate often and when they do, it is a small allotment. The rep said I should jump on it.
Pax
They were right. Margate has become more and more sparse in the last year. Not sure if it's because it's becoming more popular, or if penzance/stonehaven supplies have been low and Margate is the next favorite.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
COJ did a nice thing just now. I had left them a note on their site telling why I cancelled my order, and they (I forgot the fella's name already) called me and offered the same 3 bag order with free shipping. I went for it because they did a good job for me personally, and TSWGTG. 8)

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
$50 a bag!!! That's insane! I would NEVER pay that when I can buy it for about half that price elsewhere...

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Payless pipes also has a number of ET 8oz bags...no Penzance or Stonehaven though but they do have Margate in. Cheapest I currently see at $36/bag and no limits.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Pipefish- Tilbury is a great Va. I recommend it if you get the chance.
There are still a few places with Esoterica under $30 a bag. But not many anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.