PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
@Dave...I went to Windy City Cigars last night, and the only Esoterica they showed was Margate for $26.89/8oz bag. They have free shipping over $199, so I order 8 bags because they didn't show if it was in stock or not. The order went through and still it doesn't say if it's in stock. So I call them this morning to see what's what and was told they were out of stock. Bummer

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I tried several times to order Esoterica products and Balkan Sobranie from Windy City. My order was accepted every single time, but I never actually received an order. When I'd call to check on it, the lady I talked to every time knew nothing and always had to check with someone else. When I asked if my order went through even though they are now sold out, she'd put me on hold, and then come back and tell me that it didn't. She'd always end up telling me they were sold out. I'd ask why was I told my order went through, and why wasn't I told that what I ordered was out of stock. I never got a single useful answer besides, "I don't know." This has happened to several other people, as some forum members well know. I would never even attempt to order from them again. Based on my past experiences, I can't believe them when they say they have something in stock, and I have no reason to believe that if they did, that I would ever get any. They have the poorest customer service I've ever experienced on the internet.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
I call them this morning to see what's what and was told they were out of stock. Bummer
Sorry to hear that, oh well, it was worth a try... :( I have heard others say what JimInks said, I guess I've just been lucky with Windy City...

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
I have had the same experiences with Windy City- their customer service is terrible, as is their packing. I probably would only consider them if it was to score something super rare like Kingfisher.

carytobacco

Can't Leave
Nov 23, 2012
Cary, NC
Some sites (mostly cigar sites), will show rare or highly sought after items to bring in traffic. But usually they will at least tell you on the page if it is out of stock. Search for opusX cigars and you will come up with lots of lesser known sites that don't really have it in stock and likely never did.

Status
Not open for further replies.