PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
As I have no workshop or tools other than a few of my grandpa's old "Woodwright's Shop" looking things, I made an improvised pipe rest out of some cheap materials.
The box it came from:
zodiac.jpg

With a Baronet Bruyere:
PipeRestwithBaronet.jpg

With a Big Ben Dublin:
PipeRestwithBigBen.jpg

With the empty 50g tin I sometimes use to prop it up:
PipeRestwithBigBen2.jpg

With a Brebbia bulldog:
PipeRestwithBrebbia.jpg

I put the crossword grids on myself. If it seems some of the words are wrong, it's because the grids were cut to fit.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Very nice. I was thinking of trying to fashion a cheap pipe rack as I just sold both of mine (they were annoying with holes instead of grooves for the stem). I am thinking of using some left over elfa shelf and some dowel rods hot glued on or something. It doesn't have to look pretty and probably will just sit in the bottom of my closet haha. Good job on your makeshift rest though. Looks nice and seems to work nicely as well.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Dudley once you get used to it.

You may wake up one day and wonder, how long have I had this thing? 20 - 30 years?
I am thinking of using some left over elfa shelf and some dowel rods hot glued on or something.
Try Elmer's wood glue, works better.

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
Good thinking.Nothing wrong with making do with what you have on hand at the time.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Pstlpkr wrote:

Dudley once you get used to it.

You may wake up one day and wonder, how long have I had this thing? 20 - 30 years?
That's a cool thought. I'm thinking of sealing it up with something. Probably decoupage glue.

Status
Not open for further replies.