PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Someone posted a link to this article in an old Popular Science magazine. I finally got around to making a PDF file. But, I can't figure out how to make it available. So, try this link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eee02zwy93rrrqt/Pipe%20Making.pdf?dl=0
The link works for me, but it is in my dropbox.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
The link worked for me, though I have DropBox installed - not certain if this is necessary to view the article.
Very interesting article. I await comments from our resident pipe makers.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Good to know you guys can see the file. I like things like this. It is always good to know how to make tools and see other ideas on how to do any process.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Great article, I've just downloaded it (I'm also a Dropbox user). I checked the link on another browser, you don't have to be a Dropbox user to be able to download it. Thanks nevadablue.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
I tried downloading it directly, but was unable to view the downloaded document. I don't have the app installed, BTW. Going back to the link, the next time I chose to save it to my Dropbox account. I then downloaded from my Dropbox account and was able to view it.
I saved the document to Google Drive with a convenient TinyURL:
http://tinyurl.com/PipeMakingArticle

ryeguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2017
Fun stuff! Thanks for sharing. The cup sander was especially interesting to me. I've never understood how they finish the outside of the heel so perfectly.

samugeki123

Lurker
Nov 26, 2017
I think the briar v brier has to do with American English and spellings compared to English spellings and grammar

Status
Not open for further replies.