mainstreetpipeco.com - Anyone ever buy from there?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
mainstreetpipeco.com
They have a pipe I might want to buy, but their facebook page has almost no activity. It seems to be a fairly new website. Wondering if anyone has purchased from them and how was the experience.
I sent an email to them, still waiting to see if they respond...

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Main St. Cigars is an excellent B&M in Belair, MD. I got a nice Ardor there during one of Steve Monjeur's trunk shows. They have 2 very well set-up lounges, and even a pool table. They do have a walk-in humidor for cigars, but are very pipe oriented. They even have snuffs. I recommend them.
They have only recently gotten into Internet sales, or for that matter mail order. They have a bunch of regulars and a serious amount of walk-in traffic.
hp

les

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
@lestrout Thanks - the only thing is, I cannot tell if it's the same (I'm willing to bet there's many stores with that moniker). I usually get a sense about an online store being current, but this one I just don't know.
I've seen small online stores up on the 'net that shut down ages ago - but no one ever bothered to take down the site. I don't think this store is in that category, but I'd like them to at least answer their emails.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
#6 - it took some doing, but somewhere on the site is the info that this is in fact Main St Cigar in Belair. It would work better if you just called them. They are friendly, and I don't think they have anybody monitoring the EMails the way P&C or SP do.
hp

les

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks Les - I appreciate the note. I am always cautious about an online retailer that offers little meaningful facts about who they are or where they are located.
I couldn't find any info about them on their own site - but I will see if I can find a phone number...

Status
Not open for further replies.