PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jojoc

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2019
I realize for many, this is not a big order, but for me it is. This represents my largest tobacco order to date. I only smoke a couple times a week, so it will take me a long time to work through this much tobacco. Although I have smoked cigars and pipes for 20 years, most of that time I was a cigar guy who occasionally smoked a pipe. For the last couple years, it has been the reverse. Mostly I have just smoked one or two bulk blends (similar to Lane 1Q) from a local B&M. I have just started branching out into other tobaccos. I still smoke 1Q. I also enjoy Ravendale and BagsEnd from Country Squires. I have been trying some English blends of late and have liked Dunhill 965 and PS Luxury Bullseye Flake. With the exception of the PS Bullseye Flake, everything in this order is new to me.
So, what should I crack open first?
Not pictured but included in the order:

4 oz PS Luxury Bullseye Flake (I am really starting to like this one)

2 ox Lane RLP-6
img_3731-600x450.jpg

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
jojoc,
Those are all good and classic blends. I would say any order would be fine. Have at it.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
But you only have one Virginia blend, the other 4 are English blends (I'm sure you know). So you might want to rotate the 4 English blends to get a feel for the differences in each blend before trying the Virginia.
BTW, I enjoy all these blends! Capstan Blue is a personal favorite and very (very) deeply cellared.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I don't think it really matters but I personally would start with the Lane and finish with the SPC (save the best for last dontcha know). :mrgreen:
I've not tried the Presbyterian though.
My thinking is how much enjoyment I might get out of each one on an increasing lever which is why I chose the ones I did. The Capstan would be a close second to the SPC for me though. For some reason, in my mind, the SPC is an after dinner/end of day relax on the back porch kinda smoke. :puffpipe:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Since it’s summer, I’d personally get into the Capstan. I enjoy VA’s much more in the summertime and English blends in the winter, however, I smoke what ever fits my fancy year round. I usually smoke in tandem so I would be inclined to pop two of those tins, one English to pair with the VA. Out of the ones you have listed, Bengal Slices is my favorite.

echambers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 21, 2017
If it were me I’d smoke the plumb pudding. But I’m a Seattle kid so...

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Capstan, Presbyterian, White Knight, Bengal, Plum Pudding. Enjoy the natural VA sweetness first, then dive into the English blends. Smoke Presbyterian before the other English blends, it’s extremely mild (at least to me). If you smoke Plum Pudding then Presbyterian, you’re going to throw the latter straight in the trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.