Mail Call! Shag Stack and Some Stash Padding.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I managed to sneak one past my wife last week and it showed up (delivered to my office of course) today. To set the scene, I have really been enjoying smoking tightly packed shag cut tobaccos out of my little Tsuge Tasting 16 Stack lately. The taller, thinner chamber seems to really work well with shags.

So I decided to step it up a bit and buy myself a nicer stack shape with similar dimensions so I can dedicate the Tsuge to VA based tobaccos and have something to smoke my Margate (and other English shags) in that performs similarly.
After much shopping around, I scooped up this little Pipe-Dan Shape Reformed from @mkelaw pipes. In darn good shape with super strong nomenclature, excited to test it out! A little something else showed up in the mail today as well.......stash=padded!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Excellent! That shape is just asking for Semois.
....and it will get what it wants..........Le Petit Robin.

Going to run it and some VA based stuff through it before I get it all Englishy. At that point I'll decide which one (the Pipe-Dan or the Tsuge) is going to get Latakiaficated.

Reactions: shanez

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Enabler!

Nice pipe, I hesitate on stacks but I do find that what burns up mighty quickly in wider bowls!
I was hesitant on stacks for a long time as well, but the high quality low cost tsuge series allowed me the opportunity to try one out without too much risk and it turns out they are PERFECT for shag cuts. Glad I took the leap.

Tighter packing with shag helps with burn rate in any shape, but the little stacks really work well.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I was hesitant on stacks for a long time as well, but the high quality low cost tsuge series allowed me the opportunity to try one out without too much risk and it turns out they are PERFECT for shag cuts. Glad I took the leap.

Tighter packing with shag helps with burn rate in any shape, but the little stacks really work well.
I will have to try out that theory on my Morretti nose warmer. One of his first pipes has a smaller diameter which should work. I have leaned away from it as getting enough flow caused minor tongue itch! Shane's comment above about semois tobacco was enlightening as I have recently picked some up as well...
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.