PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Very well done. I'd call it Danish Modern for lack of a better term. I'd buy a small drill press to help with the drilling since that is so important. Mark Tinsky is a good source for pre-drilled blocks if you decide to go that route. Keep up the good work.

titus

Might Stick Around
Nov 18, 2013
Canada
Great work. Just getting in to pipemaking myself. Lots to learn.
Hope my first one looks as good as yours.
Gratz!

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
7ach
I must say that is amazing,just using hand tools. Can you tell us its final weight? Did you do the stem also, or is it a premade item?
Congrats on amazing first attempt.
Allan
I did make the stem from a rod. It became shorter twice from the "learning" process
Final weight is 39 grams, which is surprisingly light... However the stem and shank are on the thin side and probably wont add to its longevity.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
I did make the stem from a rod. It became shorter twice from the "learning" process
:clap:
Nice work, it is definitely worthy of the "show-off" sticky thread.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/show-off-your-self-made-pipes-here?replies=1#post-439655

oldmannk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 11, 2014
Bad ass looking pipe. Nice job. I buy one of your pipes looks awesome!

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Your truly amazing at this, people will be asking for commissions very soon :)

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
It's beautiful, 7ach, first one out of the chute notwithstanding.
You have an excellent eye for design and an amazing touch having such a limited number of tools.
Well done!
Fnord

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
Wow, Zach! I am impressed! How did you make the tenon?
I used PIMO's "Combination Mortise Drill Bit & Shank-End Square" to do as the title suggests. Then I sorta ghetto rigged it to cut the tenon... its kinda hard to explain but I would he happy to show you if you want to see

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Nice work, Congrats! I agree with trout. Get yourself a benchtop drill press and a vice to set on the table. It makes drilling much easier and you can use it for a multitude of other work. With the drill press vice locked down you can drill one hole then rotate the stummel for the second hole keeping everything aligned.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
That's a good looking shape! You can always refine your techniques as you go along- that just takes a little time and seeing how other guys are doing it...

Status
Not open for further replies.