PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Hello guys,
I was looking for a rack for my recently completed bulldog/Rhodesian rotation and could not find one that I really liked, so I went ahead and made one.
I had never worked with wood before and it shows, but, despite all the imperfections, I like the outcome very much.
The central "column" is a part from an antique combine harvester and the wood a local species called guayubira.
What do you think?
Cheers,
J
Combine-4_zpsuts4qix0.jpg

Combine-3_zps1qaxiubv.jpg

Combine-2_zpsygexyc8p.jpg

Combine-1_zpsxfwytfkn.jpg

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That's an awesome pipe rack!! Love the use of the combine harvester part for the upright. Well done Sir. :clap:

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Thank you for your comments!
I really enjoyed myself while doing it, so another one is in the works.

Although I have another harvester part just like the one I used on this one, I'm working on a different design.

We'll see how it turns out...
Again thank you for the encouragement and kind words.
@Newbroom, you caught me, all but two pipes in this rack are unsmoked! PAD has been hitting hard lately and the week doesn't have enough days to break them all in...
Cheers,
J

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
That's a piece I would proudly display on my wall. Nice job. I love that craggy beast second from the right. What is it?

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Thank you Aldecaker!
The craggy beast is a Conway 22, I think they are seconds for Comoy's, but I'm not sure. It was my father's and it should be from the late 70s or early 80s.
Thanks again,
Juan

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
bungee, between your office smoke place and this wonderful pipe rack I would say you have it very good! Love the inclusion of the old combine part, it just came out great!!

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Thank you all for the kind words!
Since I have one combine part left, and enough wood, and I really enjoyed building this rack, I will do another one (an improved version) and send it to the first one to PM and is willing to pay for shipping.

Please bare in mind that I live in Argentina and the thing weights 3/4 of a pound unpacked.
Everybody has been so nice and generous with their knowledge and experience that I feel this is a good way to really become part of this community and of the "pipe smoking brotherhood" I keep reading about in a lot of threads.
Cheers,
J

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Great display.
Never seen / heard of this wood. What part of the world does it come from? Other than ebony, I have not seen many woods that are that dark, unless you added stain.
Winton

Status
Not open for further replies.