PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
My apologies, you said casing. I get them confused.
Although I gravitate to blends that are "natural" (and perhaps this one isn't 100% so) this one really does it for me. I haven't found anything quite like it.
It is my feeling that MacBaren has the knowledge and the reach to execute some other blends that contain Perique and not style them as Danish. They did well with ODF. I've yet to try Bold KY though...

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I suggested that they put some Perique into that Modern Virginia. It is really awesome mixed 50/50 with C&D Bayou Morning, but I found it tasteless by itself.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The revenue stream is aromatics. I really enjoy Mac B's HH series. I haven't found one I don't like. But the brand is sustained by aromatics. Va/Per isn't my only or main genre, but I think Lanes 125th Anniversary Va/Per is well done -- bright and light but with plenty of flavor. As a customer, I don't focus as much on the business and marketing decisions that motivate blenders, or retailers for that matter, but to them, it's business, all business.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
They obviously cannot get St James Perique at any price as they would have got some and made some vapers. The Acadian stuff is not a great replacement which is probably why they only use it in one blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.