PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
Finished a second tin of this and just opened a third. WOW!!! If you haven't already, do yourself a favor and grab a tin of this (or a hundred). This stuff is outstanding! Imagine a blend that gives you the taste of a great Virginia flake perfectly married to a robust and earthy yet smooth burley. Add just a hint of smokiness and a hint of leather and you'll get somewhat of an idea of how good this blend is! It lit easy with a wonderful bloom after the charring light and burned all the way down to a soft, white, powdery ash.
This is the kind of blend that just makes me fall in love with the pipe all over again.
(Not really a review per se. Just kinda thinking out loud.) :D

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
I have been wanting some. How is the nicotine for you? Some say very strong.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I have 2 tins cellared and a half tin opened. I agree, great smoke! I have a few flakes to the owner of my local B&M and when he smelled the tin he said, 'now this is what pipe tobacco should smell like!' Hopefully he starts carrying it in the store!
@dhizzy- I didn't think the N was too bad at all. PM me your address and I'll put a few flakes in the mail box for you if you can't make it up December 1st

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
How is the nicotine for you? Some say very strong.
Unfortunately I cannot say. I seem to be nicotine resistant times ten. I've smoked many blends that were advertised as being heavy in vitamin N and never seem to notice it. Hopefully someone else can comment on the nicotine part. :)
I hope that you're stocked up on this stuff after that review.
I'm gonna go down to the local B&M and clean him out later today! It's all mine!!! Muhahahahahaha :twisted:

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Hawk, don't count me out yet! I may be able to make it. No need to bother with sending me some. I will just get it when we meet up. That's a heck of an offer though, thanks. If I can't make it, I'll take you up on it and throw you something in return.

Jul 12, 2011
Prob smoked a pnd of it already (they don't call me TheSmokinDragon

for nothing ;-) the stuff is.....GREAT!

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
It's all mine!!! Muhahahahahaha
:lol:

I'm sittin on four tins myself. Gonna stock up on a few more my next order along with a few more tins of Solani 633 which I've grown to like very much.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Yum!

001-3.jpg

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
This blend is strong both in flavor and nicotine.

Juvat270 said it - it's outstanding.
Some tobaccos like a certain pipe, but this does equally well in a briar, a Kirsten or a cob. It's especially good with a cup of strong coffee in the morning. I like this one best rubbed out.

macattack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2012
Front porch + Dark-fired Kentucky + corn cob pipe + can of root beer = redneck heaven.

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
Hopefully it'll become more available in the next year or so.
I hope so too! I'm all for shopping at the local B&M and mine has a ton of it in-stock, but mine sells it for $17.95 per tin vs. $10.95 online. Ouch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.