MacBaren is going to produce the Peterson tobaccos?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
Interesting stuff. It would be nice if the site owners here could bring a little clarity to developments.

steelcowboy

Lurker
Feb 7, 2013
Speaking of Rattray's new blends that are supposed to be former Peterson blends, Red Lion is not Peterson's Old Dublin. If it is, the recipe has been changed dramatically. I have smoked both together and they don't compare.

May 31, 2012
Steel Cowboy?
The very same from Tobacco Reviews?
If so, you have guided me very well in the waters of fine selection.
Your reviews have greatly helped me.
Thank you.
:puffy:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
There was a rumor floating around that GH was making the Plug, but whoever is doing it is doing a great job.
Mac Baren seems poised to be making (or the owner of) many classic blend brands.

docspipe

Might Stick Around
Dec 12, 2014
Per George Jensen stated well over a year ago that MacBaren is not producing the Peterson flakes. Irish Flake has been my number 1 favorite tobacco since it was originaly released. K&K did a stellar job after taking over from Murrays. I've smoked K&H's Stirling Flake and in spite of what many have said, in my opinion it is indeed Irish Flake. I've noticed yet another change in Irish Flake with the last 4 tins I smoked. It may still smell like IrF in the tin (noticeably weaker than the K&H version), but there is some other presence in the taste that I can't seem to identify. What I do know is after all of my years smoking IrF, it now nips at my tongue the way many of the MacBarens have a tendency to do. Perhaps MB is now producing the Peterson Flakes as well? Although a bit more expensive (but I've noticed two more flakes per tin with Stirling Flake than IrF), Stirling Flake for me is the same as the IrF I have smoked for years and obviously have gotten very used to. I wish someone from K&H, Macs, or whomever, would enlighten us once and for all!

Status
Not open for further replies.