PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
Anyone here has tried it?

I have smoked a few bowls and am a bit confused. I´ll post a review when I finish the tin and my mind is made up, but I would like to know the opinion of fellow pipers. I thought I was going to find a Vintage Syrian with the Syrian substituted by Cyprian, but I think something different is going on. I have not found the reviews on tobbacoreviews.com helpful on this particular tobacco.

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
Do you know if it is available in the US? There is an HH Balkan Blend which, as far as I know is not available in Europe, while I can´t find the Vintage Latakia in US online shops. Maybe they are the same blend with different names for marketing reasons? Constituent tobaccos, according to Tobaccoreviews.com are the same but, being the genre it is, this could mean nothing.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
I'm sure someone in here is well versed in the HH line. I'm assuming that the HH Latakia blend came about after Syrian Latakia was no longer available? But, I'm not sure.

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
HH Balkan came about when Syrian Latakia ran out. HH Balkan is a new blend to replace HH Vintage Syrian, but they did not just replace the types of Latakia. It is a different blend in other ways also. There is also HH Latakia Flake. Both HH Balkan and HH Latakia Flake are available in the US.

raybrown55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 5, 2017
I've smoked several pouches of HH Vintage Latakia and I like it very much, more than the Syrian version, and yes, the Ciprian latakia is not the only difference, this new version seems to me burley-forward and with less latakia taste.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Per Jensen said that when they ran out of Syrian Latakia, they formulated HH Vintage Latakia. They had to sub Cyprian for Syrian. Because Cyprian is different flavor than Syrian, they had to play with the mixture because the dynamic was off. Because of this, the taste is different.
As far as HH Balkan and HH Vintage Latakia, I think they are the same. I think the US market gets HH Balkan, and Europe gets HH Vintage Latakia.

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
Thank you. I suspected the latter.

I have smoked four bowls so far and it is starting to grow on me. I´ll write a review once the tin is over and share with you. I think 50 grams is too little for a review but 4 bowls is unacceptable. I find lately that I need to smoke at least half a tin to make up my mind about a tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.