Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I awoke this morning to beautiful weather. I opened up the box holding my brand new mower and, for the first time, mowed my new lawn. Unpacking is a pain, but c'est la vive. I'm LOVING life in the burbs!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looks like home! As long as you aren't a million miles from the places you go, burbs can be good. I grew up in a "good" burb, with a long established rail line and bus lines to the big city and streets safe for biking and shops within walking distance of homes. It may not have been Greenwich Village in the fifties, but it has some great features. Like a hallway of trees down the street and such. Plant you some little trees and watch them grow; but study it so they don't get bigger than you want or shoot roots where you don't want them to go. Japanese maples (if they will grow where you are) are one option.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I second the planting of trees as soon as possible. Also plant a variety... you can be enjoying those fruits for many years to come.
Looks like a lovely place with a pleasant smoking and iron-pumping area.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Congratulations, Nate! A wonderful looking abode. Now that you can really breathe your pipe smoking should improve exponentialy :D

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Congrats! I moved last December. Had my first driveway so I even loved to go out and shovel snow lol. Then I went tool crazy to fill up the garage!

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
Congrats on finally being in the new space! I'm sure it's a fairly large weight off your shoulders to finally be situated again!

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Wait, so you moved into a Dunhill shop -- AND you have to mow their lawn?
9C282BE3-F359-47DC-AA32-422DED820E2B_zpshwjkvw31.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I love 'burbs because there's some community life and you don't have to drive thirty miles to a movie, but you mostly don't have to pay for parking. Tell me that's not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.