PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Any suggestions?
Got plenty of scotch, honey, and lemon juice.
Hot Water? Hot Tea (type)? Hot Cider?
Anyone make hot toddy's regularly and have a preference?

tkdlaxer

Lurker
Nov 13, 2011
I normally put a pile of sugar or honey in the botton of the bowl. A big slice of citrus (lime, lemon, orange whatever's on hand) dump a shot or two of Rum, Whiskey, or Gin, then but some of the citrus fruits rind in the bowl as well. Then my tea and hot water... You can't really mess it up in my opinion.

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Sincityjeff: I have seen this guys reviews before and agree he does a great job. And that recipe looks fantastic!
I went w/ a simple recipe tonight, but might have to have a second after seeing that. Definitely doing his tomorrow night.
Oh....and can someone call my principal and explain to him that I HAVE to have these during the school day and that me drinking is of no danger to the children? Thanks.....

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
My Way:
12 oz Cafe' mug. Squeeze 2 or 3 Tbsp honey in, add about the same amount of lemon juice and mix it up. Add 4 oz Whiskey. The top it off with boiling water and stir.
Cure anything, or knock you out, which is just as good sometimes.

smokenscotch

Nov 23, 2011
Nothing special but Hot Apple Cider and Havana Rum, (or any dark Rum) works nice for me!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Home made Lorbuie is a great Scotch recipe that will cure the hell out of you, too.
1 Bottle of Scotch (any blended will do. I wouldn't use a fine aged one for this Plain Chivas or Johnnie Red is fine)

Mix with about 2 lb of Honey, a pinch of Angelica, a pinch of Fennel and a squeeze of lemon along with the rind.
Let it steep a couple of weeks then strain the liquid off the solids. The clear liquid left is called Lorbuie (Also known as Drambuie) and is 100% AWESOME!

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
believe that is called a "Rusty Nail".

Lawrence, a Rusty Nail is Scotch and Drambuie.

Thanks to the baron we now know how to make Drambuie!
I got the warm milk and scotch thing from a detective story I read long time ago.

Sets well at the end of the day, makes for pleasant slumbers.
Every time I mention it folks usually do a double-take, never heard of it.

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
+1000 to baronsamedi for that homemade Drambuie recipe! Trying that tonight for sure 8) As far as hot toddy recipes go, there are tons of variations and all the ones listed here are good to go. All you really need is honey, lemon, your spirit of choice and some type of hot non-alcoholic liquid. Easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.