PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
A week or so ago, a member posted about looking for more vanilla flavor. I mainly smoke Altadis Blue Note and love it. But, sometimes I want more flavor too. So, I went on a vanilla shopping spree. I went to smokingpipes and Iwan Ries. Here's what I got. Maybe y'all can give me some feedback on these blends.
Eric Stokkebye 4th Generation 1897

Comoy Cask 9

Brigham Ripley Ave

Ashton Guilty Pleasure

CAO Bella Vanilla

Peter Stokkebye B&B

Iwan Ries Three Star Cordial Vanilla
Also, thanks to another members review I ordered Solani Aged Burley Flake.

I also got a Stanwell Army Mount 51 and a six pipe rack. Merry Christmas to me.

samanden

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 11, 2013
Alexandria, VA
Haven't tried any on your list. However, I've had MacBaren's Vanilla Flake and it was sublime. I actually had my first "nirvana smoke" with this blend.

starcat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 24, 2013
I recently also wanted to find a " Good " vanilla. One that was not done up with some kind of artifice.

I came by 2 at the time. They are both decent, but I don't know yet if they are the perfect vanilla.

One is called " Original Danish Black Vanilla " and is said to be made by ? Planta but their name is no where on the can. I actually like this one and it has some complexities about it. It boasts " REAL" vanilla, possibly something quite rare in this age of fakeness.

The other one was " Stanwell Vanilla " which is also decent but possibly not as rich.
One other on my list that has not been tried as yet is C&D Green River Vanilla which looks to hold some possibility.

Lane 1Q seems to be highly rated but that one I have not had yet.

Also the Pipeworks and Wilke show some stellar reviews. From that one I have several in mind, but the Rumcake for sure.
all the best
SC

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I love 1Q, but I'm sure you can find better when it comes to what you are looking for. 1Q to me tastes and smells more like cookies.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I've been tempted to dry the Drew Estate 7th Avenue Blonde, but for the most part I can get by pretty cheap with some CBW. I have smoked a blend called Vanilla Ice which I believe was made by McClelland and was really good, better than CBW anyhow; I'm just not that picky sometimes. Good luck to you... let us know when you find a winner.

bigdude007

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2011
I've got an order of Stanwell's Vanilla coming in. Ill put up a review as soon as possible.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I've been smoking Bennington's #40 Erebus (bocabenningtons.com) for some time and highly recommend it. Nice black coarse cut, slow, cool burning, no bite, no goop. Most of the flavor is from pressing, the casing is not overdone. It's not a repackaged blend they slap their label on either, it's their own house blend. Family business, started by their father.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
Havent tried any of those. MacBaren Vanilla Cream is about the only vanilla tobacco I smoke. The vanilla flavor is strong.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
Is there much difference in flavor between the MacBaren cream flake and ready rubbed version?

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
I've only tried the Flake version of MacB's and it was great! People say it's better than the rubbed. I was the one searching and picked up Guilty Pleasures. Good, but the vanilla is subtle. I got a blend from Russ Oullette who recommended Vischer's Ferry. Still waiting on that and can't wait. Has anyone tried Holand Danske (sp?) Black Vanilla? I'm also curious to hear how that Stanwell Vanilla is. I was eyeing that one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.