PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2017
First let me start of with I have only been smoking a pipe about 6 months. The tobacco I have been smoking and really like is drew estate grand central that I mix with moonshine pipe co mason jar blend. I also like lane 1Q and lane bca and the drew estate toasted black cavendish and Central Park stroll. What I have tried that I didn't like was frog Morton on the bayou and I didn't care for the drew estate cherry. So I am wanting to try a few other things out I thought maybe someone here could point me in the right direction thanks for any help

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I am not much of an aro smoker, so I don't have much direct experience. I do,however, have a suggestion.

Do you have a favorite e-tailer or B&M? If so, ask them for suggestions. That's what they do.

dkaye201

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
Kramers Father Dempsey, Danny Kaye, and Cary Grant are English aros that might fit the bill.

I had no idea Danny Kaye smoked a pipe. But...

9bff3d5dbb4ab09a2368446e55d78cd4

Cool!

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I don't smoke many aromatics anymore but...

Try Macbaren vanilla cream loose cut. It's a bulk blend so you can buy as little as you like to try,

Macbaren also makes a series called 7 Seas which are nice, and available in tin or bulk.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I think you should try PS Luxury Twist Flake
Also C&D Autumn Evening
I also think you should try branching out a little and give McClellands Yenidje Highlander a try.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
If you are looking for other aros, I recommend MacBaren Vanilla Cream, Sutliff Vanilla Custard, Sutliff Black Cordial, Sutliff Rum and Maple, and Lane Dark Red among a bunch of others. Are you looking to move away from aros or looking for more of the same? It'd help if you tell us more about which direction you want to go in.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Captain Black Grape! :mrgreen:

(just trying to get /someone/ to give it a go!)

Jan 8, 2013
Rattray's Bagpiper's Dream is one I enjoy, and I've recently tried Rattray's Exotic Orange which was a very well done aromatic. W.O Larsen's Signature is fantastic, but can bite if you puff too hard and fast.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Roam around the tobacco pages of our sponsors and see what looks good, compared to those blends you've enjoyed. See what's in the ones you like, and compare that to others, and find out what you haven't tried. Keep all purchases small -- an ounce or two, a pouch. Even when you like something, don't buy quantities. Your tastes will change. Take your time and enjoy. Save what you don't like in jars and try it again later, when your taste has evolved. It's all a sort of adventure, surprising.

kirkland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
I hope I can steer you into the direction of GL Pease tobaccos. He has a aro Virginia Creme....but if you get itchy and bored of aromatics, explore all his other blends which IMO are like no others (esp. his Balkans and Turkish/Orientals).

Status
Not open for further replies.