PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9shag

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2012
North Carolina
Thanks Captain,
looks like it sold, maybe I should post on the tobacco sell/swap. Perhaps i could lure one from someone in need of rare red Virginia or other discontinued tins.

woopigpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Arkansas
They hit the bay and always get scooped up quickly. SmokingPipes.com offers their "Low Country Reamer" which is pretty darn close to the Sav one. Happy hunting.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The Decatur pipe knife is about as close as you can get, thought that scraper that Cosmic linked looks great.

skaukatt

Can't Leave
The Decatur pipe knife is about as close as you can get
https://img.cigarsinternational.com/product/iris/wd500/pm-tdnps-pk-1000.jpg?v=503431
In comparison to the Savinelli Fits All Reamer, it's a little longer and wider in the handle and the blades have what is analogous to "blood grooves" on knives; grooves that run the blade length which collect the carbon and allow the blades to glide smoothly. I suppose it is an innovation and sets it apart from the Savinelli, which is hard to find. I bought mine so many years ago. It is just one of the tools I use when reaming is needed.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
pm-tdnps-pk-1000.jpg

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
https://www.pipesandcigars.com/p/decatur-pipe-knife-pipe-tools/1508631/
This pipe knife is awesome. It's works great on a meerschaum, lightly applied to the cake, it scrapes away cake without a lot of pressure, allowing you minimize any damage to the meerschaum. Of course with a cob or briar you can use more pressure. Great tool. Hit the notify button and wait until Pipesandcigars.com gets more in. It's worth the wait.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
The Decatur Pipe Knife is a repurposed tool. It started out as a bevel knife, which is used to round the edges of a hole. I used one every day when I was drilling bowling balls to take the sharp edge off the holes. When I saw the Savinelli Fits-All, it just looked like a shorter bevel knife with a briar handle. When we started to put together the Decatur Pipe Shield line, we found a company to make bevel knives, but with the sharp point ground off so it wouldn't gouge the bowl. I like the longer blade and more substantial handle. It's the only reamer I use because it works on conical and oval chambers, too.
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.