Looking for a Tobacco Recommendation (Aromatic)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I love LL RLP-6; however, I really enjoy the end of the bowl were there are much stronger flavors. Does anyone have an aromatic recommendation that is a bit more fuller flavor?

drunkblowhard

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2015
After hearing about it constantly from the aro fans I finally picked up a tin of cult blood red moon recently. And all of those aro-heads were right. It's absolutely delicious. Better than I expected and my hopes were high after all the praise. Get involved!

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
I second Perdurabo's suggestions. Golden Days of Yore and Autumn Evening are two of the few aromatics I will do.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I am not a big aromatic fan but when the mood strikes I have a few very nice ones in my cellar. I would recommend Cult Blood Red Moon, Sutliff Molto Dolce and Mac Baren Modern Virginia Flake. Give those a try and see if you like them.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
+1 on Modern Virginia Flake, a distinctly tobacco forward aromatic based on high quality Virginia leaf.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I am for one big on Aromatics...For stronger flavored aros also try Sutliff Vanilla Custard , Scotties Pancake, 1Q .

+1 for Autumn Evening and Molto Dolce.

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
Sillem's Black. Very unique and amazing aromatic. A sweet, fruity, latakia bomb for lack of a better description.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Dan a Tobacco Blue Note

+ 1 on the Sillem's Black

+1 on the Golden Days of Yore.

Cult Blood Red Moon.
Overall Blue a note is the absolutely best aromatic I've ever had, I guess it's because it delivers some good nicotine as well.

If you really want some good flavors that I don't consider aromatic, try some of GH&Co's tobacco. They are my favorite house.

timpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
Australia
I'm enjoying these at the moment and i like stronger flavoured aro's -
Samuel gawith Celtic talisman

Macbaren original choice

Macbaren seas black
-Tim

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Thank you, aromatic smokers, for stepping up to the plate, and pointing out that aromatic smokers make a valuable contribution to the fine art of pipe smoking. I'd like to suggest three classics that have the requisite oomph and deliver flavor not found elsewhere: Pipeworks and Wilke Royal Scot, Peretti's Coffee Blend, and Tewksbury's Hobbit's Weed.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Ooooo! I'm gonna have to try that Peretti's Coffe a Blend. I really enjoy their Original Mixture and I've been wanting to try others from the same house.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Reiner Long Golden Flake is also very tasty. Brigham Klondike Gold is aged in the tin 2-3 year before being released. It has a very smooth flavor from the get go.

Status
Not open for further replies.