PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
And we always thought the craziest drivers were American.....not so.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-norfolk-49206600/a11-attleborough-flying-van-driver-banned-for-a-year
Amazing no one was seriously injured.
Regards,
Jay.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Lamb, who was 17 at the time, denied driving a motor vehicle dangerously,
tenor.gif

chilipalmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2017
What an amazing display of youthful exuberance. That kid clearly has a future as a test pilot for the RAF.
Cheers,
Chili

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think maybe he used up his lifetime supply of luck and should retreat to a monastery for a life of quiet contemplation.

Two Technnical mistakes...
a. Approaching a curve blindly - He probably could not have seen the banking on the right side. Good drivers with road sense would definitely judge the curve by seeing the left bank, and a general sense of moving traffic.

b. Good drivers know their car - obviously too much speed to be safe in ANY car - let alone a Van. A Van is expected to understeer massively and it did. However that curve is dangerous for most drivers at that speed. Most cars will understeer and RWD sports cars will oversteer, with similar results. I would assume only a very handful of drivers maybe (stress on maybe) can control a regular sports car in that curve at that speed. He is still blind on any car in front of him, so other bad things could have happened as well.
Thankfully nothing major happened.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
His local B&M probably got some Esoterica in. Rally till death! In this young man's case it may be a short rally.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
And we always thought the craziest drivers were American....
That's pretty rich coming from somebody who lives where EVERYONE drives on the wrong side of the road 100% of the time. :rofl:

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"That's pretty rich coming from somebody who lives where EVERYONE drives on the wrong side of the road 100% of the time."
Not half as rich as someone who can't figure out the difference twixt a roadway and an airstrip :nana:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-49199347/plane-lands-on-road-and-gets-pulled-over
Regards,
Jay.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
That's called an emergency landing on the nearest "plane land-able" surface. While not common, it isn't rare.
The BBC has gone so far downhill... from world class news org to clickbait purveyor in my lifetime. :crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.