PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasmartin

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2015
Unesco world heritage
The Standard Mixture is currently my favorite Dunhill blend. I remember having enjoyed London some 15 years back. Is the Orlik remake any good? How does it compare to Standard? I'm pretty disappointed by the current 975, which was some of my favorites back then and wanted some advice before buying a tin.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A Forums member sent me a sample of the current London Mixture and I liked it so I bought a tin. It's traditional, low-key, and to me very good. I tend toward full-strength blends, and this is a little milder but has a full-bodied taste. I found the Standard Mixture a little one dimensional, but I might try it again in due time. I like Nightcap and 965.

gmjabsky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2015
Watching closely..half way though my first tin of Standard, and it won't be my last

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
I guess the London mixture is somehow more bodied than the standard mixture.. but they are both too mellow in my opinion.. I prefer MM965 and Royal Yacht to them

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
London is oriental forward; Standard is lat forward. I like Standard a lot; don't care for London at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.