Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I changed the Login functionality so you will stay on whatever page you were on prior to login.
So if you login on the forums main page, you will still be on that page after the refresh.
There's a new Logout feature too.
How many of you logout when leaving the site?

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
That's ok. You don't have to logout. I have the habit of logging out of all sites when I leave, even if I know I'm coming back.
I'm wondering how many people do what I do, and how many stay logged-in.

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
What papipeguy said. In the evening, I bounce back and forth between multiple pipe sites/forums. I stay logged in to them all.

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
The new log out works for me, but the log in is the same, going to Home page even if I'm on a forum topic page. Might be my script blocker though.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I normally just close my browser - I've only been in the habit of logging out of banking sites, or the remote access site I used when working from home.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
What is this "log out" of which you speak? I'm imagining I'll log out when I do my final "check out". :)

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Kevin,
I am using Google Chrome and I just tried. I just logged out and logged back in, I still get sent back to the home page.
Also, I never log out and am currently logged in on four different comps/devices (home comp, work comp, tablet, phone)

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I'm with Lordnoble on this one, I wish I didn't ever have to log back in, could we perhaps put one of those cookies on it that stores our login and keeps us logged in for days? I'd love that since there's no financial information on this website!

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
My bad. We missed the code for the home page re-direct when logging in on the forums. I only know how the logout works, but not the login change, so I have to wait for my programmer to come back online to fix it.
The logout should give you a blank page with an ad, and then re-direct to the home page in 10 seconds.
I copied Facebook on that one.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Me either.
Well no duh Mr. 9000 :lol: I figured you were hardwired into the server while in the depths of your smoking lair and didn't need to login/logout anyway. :rofl:
I never logout. I usually have to log back in after a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.